You have surely heard of an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but did you know that pecans are packed full of health benefits? It can be hard to find a food that is both delicious and great for you to eat, but pecans are heart-healthy and can be used in a multitude of ways for you to get those awesome health benefits! Whether you sprinkle them in your salad, eat a handful raw, or toast them and add them to your morning cereal, pecans are diverse and delicious. Here are some of the health benefits of pecans:
- The American Heart Association has named pecans as a heart-healthy food. This means you are free to eat them without guilt!
- Clinical research has shown that only a handful of pecans a day can help lower your cholesterol without medication and even similar to the same level as those pricey medications!
- Pecans can help reduce your risk of heart disease by providing you with an abundance of good, heart-healthy fats that are unsaturated. These unsaturated fats can help to lower your total blood cholesterol when consumed in moderation.
- Pecans are packed with vitamins and minerals — more than 19, in fact! This includes vitamin A, folic acid, vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B, and zinc. Research shows that one ounce of pecans can provide ten percent of your daily recommended fiber value.
- Protein! Pecans are a natural source of protein and have few carbohydrates. They are also naturally sodium free.
- Pecan oil is great for reducing risk of heart disease. Good news: a majority of the pecan kernel is 70% oil!
Hoot N Annie Pecans in Lubbock, Texas, offers a variety of pecans. Any way you like ‘em, that’s how you can get ‘em at Hoot N Annie! From candied pecans in a variety of flavors to gift baskets, we have it all. Come shop at Hoot N Annie for your pecans in Lubbock, Texas!